Grit is living life like it’s a marathon not a sprint. Consistency of effort over the long run is everything.Angela Duckworth
Events & Opportunities for IU Staff
Candid Conversations for Caregivers
January 26 2022, 11 AM EST
Whether you care for kids, parents, or any other loved one - especially in this pandemic-era, grab a cup of coffee and come chat with IUWIT leaders Kim and Melanie and other caregivers like you! This event is open to anyone of any gender.
ITLC Communicating in Times of Change Workshop
January 2022, 1:30 – 2:30 PM
This workshop will help supervisors and mid-level managers come up with a communication strategy that helps make a change initiative successful regardless of whether they are the ones instigating the change.
When the Well is Dry: Reset & Recharge When You’re Depleted
February 8, 2022, 12 PM
Join for a candid discussion about how the challenges of the last two years and the stress of living in ongoing uncertainty have impacted our mental health. Talk about strategies to increase self-compassion, have open conversations about one’s needs, and the importance of self-care. You’ll leave the session with take-aways on how to implement changes in your daily routine. Register Here.
Spotlight: Melanie Ebdon
“Don’t forget to advocate for yourself as well - learning to advocate for yourself is a skill you will be working on every day in your professional career; it does not happen overnight.”
Diversity Education Calendar
To thrive in this truly global world it is important to acknowledge or differences and use those to empower ourselves and those around us. Check out this long list of events hosted by IU to build a community that is cognizant, respectful and mindful of our diversity.
Holidays can be stressful. As our IU staff wraps up into the holiday spirit, we have the perfect cookbook to help you stay healthy! This one has something for everyone! If you make any of these, post a picture and tag @IUWIT on twitter or Facebook!
Wellness and More
With the COVID-19 pandemic still underway and the holidays around the corner, you may be feeling stress from all over. Your family plans are changing. Days are getting shorter. The warm holiday traditions you cherish upended. Not to mention, the holidays in a typical year can be overwhelming anyway.
UITS is seeking applications for the following IT positions at IU.
- Computer Assistant (IT User Support Technician)- 5 openings
- Database Administrator, Position # 297024
- DevOps Systems Administrator – 2 openings
- Digital Media Specialist, Position # 298306
- IT Business Analyst, Position # 297075
- IT User Support Technician, Position # 298172
- Learning Data Engineer (Data Analyst), Position # 297379
- MSSQL Database Administrator, Position # 297752
- Network Administrator, Position # 298348
- Network Operations & Control Technician (Foundational), Position # 295664
- PA Supervisor (IT User Support Technician) – 2 openings
- PA Supervisor, Position # 298399
- Program Management Specialist, Position # 297992
- Software Engineer, Position # 298486
- Supervisor (IT User Support Technician, TCC), Position # 298533
- Systems Engineer, Position # 298305
- Systems Programmer / Analyst, Position # 295898
- Tier 2 Support Assistant Manager (IT User Support Leader), Position # 298375
9th Annual Summit on Women & Technology
Connect, empower, and celebrate women & tech across a variety of skill levels and topics at the 9th Annual Summit on Women & Technology March 4 - 31, 2022, featuring keynote speakers Kari Byron and Ruchika Tulshyan. The Summit is open to anyone of any gender!
- My Life in Full: Work, Family and Our Future, by Indra Nooyi
- Technically Wrong: Sexists Apps, Biased Algorithms, and Other Threats of Toxic Tech, by Sara Wachter-Boettcher
- Women of Color in Tech, by Susanne Tedrick
2021 Women in Tech Report
The third annual TrustRadius Women in Tech Report highlights the biggest barriers to women in tech getting promoted. How can you be a driver of change?
- February – Black History Month
- February 1 – Chinese New Year
- February 21 – President’s Day